1. The typical brain comprises about 2% of the body’s total weight, but uses 20% of its total energy and oxygen intake.
2. Our brain generates about 12-25 watts of electricity. This is enough to power a low-wattage LED light.
3. Long time use of mobile phones is linked to higher risk of brain tumors. Loss of blood from the brain for 8-10 seconds can lead to unconsciousness
4.The human brain weighs 3 pounds.
5. When the blood supply to the brain stops, it is almost after 8-10 seconds that the brain starts losing the consciousness.
6. Dreams are black and white for nearly 12% of people.
7. Human brain has the capacity to generate approximately 23 watts of power when awake.
8. Twenty-five percent of the body’s cholesterol resides within the brain.
9. Nearly 20% of the entire oxygen that enters our body is consumed by brain. Thus, the brain takes maximum hit in case of oxygen deprivation.
10. The minimum or the lowest speed at which information travels across brain is nearly 260 miles an hour.
11. Reading aloud uses different brain circuits than reading silently.
12. The brain is capable of surviving for 5 to 6 minutes only if it doesn’t get oxygen after which it dies.
13. Ninety minutes of sweating can temporarily shrink the brain as much as one year of aging does.
14. Sleep deprivation can affect the brain in multiple ways and can affect memory, slow down your reactions and impair judgment.
15. Brain cells can only survive on oxygen and glucose