What is Section 375 of Indian Penal Code?
What is mentioned in Section 375 of IPC ?
We have to know firstly meaning of Meaning of Marital Rape. Rape has been defined under section 375 of Indian Penal Code, 1960. A man is said to commit “rape” if he;
- Against her will.
- Without her consent.
- With her consent, when her consent has been obtained by putting her or any person in whom she is interested in fear of death or of hurt.
- With her consent, when the man knows that he is not her husband, and that her consent is given because she believes that he is another man to whom she is or believes herself to be lawfully married.
- With her consent, when, at the time of giving such consent, by reason of unsoundness of mind or intoxication or the administration by him personally or through another of any stupefying or unwholesome substance, she is unable to understand the nature and consequences of that to which she gives consent.
- With or without her consent, when she is under sixteen years of age. Explanation.—Penetration is sufficient to constitute the sexual intercourse necessary to the offence of rape.
- Sexual intercourse by a man with his own wife, the wife not being under fifteen years of age, is not rape.